JMAC is an accredited FASET approved training centre and authorised to deliver FASET accredited decking installer and inspection training. Our trainers work with your site teams to enable them to competently plan, erect, make alterations and dismantle a safety decking platform. people training at height. The course will support any site operative to safely and competently use JMAC's Macdeck Safety Deck system.
This course can be delivered at our training centre in Stockton-on-Tees or at client premises (JMAC will need to check suitability of premises for any off-site training).
Courses held at our training centre include refreshments. For courses held at your own location or on-site lunch and refreshments will be at your discretion and cost.
The course is suitable for:
• those who are new to trade who will require 100 hours experience supervised by a competent person (additional on-site assessment is required after training after 100 hours experience achieved)
• those skilled workers (who have done 100 hours erection/dismantling) with CSCS card (assessment is completed as part of training)
This is a full day course, which starts at 09.00am and finishes at 16.30pm.
The decking installer course is designed for an operative or anyone who wishes to learn how to install the Macdeck Safety Deck system.
The course starts in a classroom environment where attendees are taken through a presentation that includes technical information, legislation and standards and the theory behind the installation process.
The course then includes practical instruction, direction and supervision with active attendee participation. This will involve erection/dismantling of the platform decking system, review against a practical check sheet and discussion of rules of section, any product misuse, loading, and handover & inspection.
• Describe their duties under H&S legislation
• Plan a work method in line with RAMS
• Safely erect, make alterations to & dismantle a platform decking system in line with current legislation & manufacturers recommendations
• Inspect & handover platform decking system
This is a practical training session where attendees will learn how to safely erect, make alterations to & dismantle a Platform Decking System in line with current legislation & manufacturers recommendations.
The training will cover:
• What is platform decking
• Macdeck components
• Macdeck safety decking platform
• The leg range
• Other essential components & accessories
• Product misuse
• Roles & responsibilities
• Macdeck installation
• Handover and inspection
• Loading guide
Successful attendees will receive a certificate of training and GSA4 assessment certificate.
FASET platform decking installer skilled worker CSCS card will be applied for by JMAC on behalf of trainees (provided proof of CSCS skilled worker qualification shown to JMAC).