Reliable system that improves safety and boosts productivity on sites
LNT are a leading specialist care home developer in the UK and a large provider of carbon-zero, affordable and high-quality care homes in the UK.
Their team is based up and down the UK and they move from completion of initial groundwork to ‘turn key’ ready via a rapid fixed build programme. LNT thrive on their promise to deliver consistently to time, cost and performance.
What initial challenges did LNT face?
LNT had worked with alternative decking systems previously and were already familiar with the timesaving and safety benefits of safety decking. However, when they were planning the construction of their growing care home portfolio, they were constantly being let down by a lack of availability of stock from their supplier and long timescales for delivery and installation. The site problems they faced included:
- failures of contractors to turn up
- lack of materials from contractors
- unsafe working platforms
- loading capabilities of the previous decking.
We were first introduced to LNT on a development in Otley where a customer of ours were contracted to supply and fit the decking but could not facilitate the labour so we were introduced to one of the LNT regional directors.
What solution we provided?
LNT has bespoke models which they replicate site by site, region by region, so our JMAC contracts team created bespoke scope of works for each model which can be replicated efficiently and scaled up or down in any location, on any project. We have provided supply & fit jobs in Otley, Newark, Norwich, Kirkham, Stoke-on-Trent and Burnley, Spennymoor and Whitby.
In addition, we also created 2 bespoke build solutions:
- Bespoke Internal loading solution for the site team, by working with Layher UK to design a number of internal loading bays which were built through through the holes in platform. These fully designed to support a 10kN load safely and sits just above the Macdeck safety platform and allows blocks, bricks and mortar to be craned easily on to the internal bays and reduce the time taken for site teams to move materials
- Block & Beam hatch which created a time-saving way of passing materials to enable more productivity on site, instead of site teams carrying materials to a central staircase which sits within the beam.
Our sister company JMAC Scaffolding provided scaffold hire & supply in Spennymoor and Whitby.
The LNT site teams have full confidence in our team to consistently deliver quality installations, inspections, and dismantles on site
Safety Decking on site
Live plot developments
Additional completed care homes
We have 2 gangs fully dedicated to LNT currently and one number supervisor. LNT teams are working very closely with our site teams and have complimented the team on how responsive our installers and site supervisors have been to the needs of their fast-moving and large-scale build programmes.
What LNT say about JMAC
“JMAC have done the installation of the internal decking on the project I run in Whitby. I have found them to be reliable efficient and extremely quick with their installation, and are always on hand in responding to any queries you may have, therefore I have no hesitation in recommending them for any future projects you may have in the future.”
S J Blackburn, Site Manager, LNT.